How long will I be there?
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time to allow for orientation (if this is your first time floating with us)
- Plan for at least total of 2 hours from your appointment time for a 90 minute float to allow for showering before and after.
- Out of respect for our other clients, we ask that you please limit your post-float bathroom time to 15 minutes.
- Once downstairs, we encourage you to take your time and enjoy the post-float “glow.” Feel free to hang around for a chat or drink.
Sample schedule for a 1pm appointment (adjust times accordingly if you've booked for 10am or 4pm...):
12:45 - 1:00 Orientation
1:00 - 1:15 Pre float shower
1:15 - 2:45 Float (music will play during the last 5 minutes to signal the end of your float)
2:45 - 3:00 Post float shower
Will I get claustrophobic?
The float tank is bigger than a typical camping tent. However, the experience is actually closer to floating in outer space than being inside a tent. Also, you are in total control of your environment so you can open the door at anytime or even turn on the internal light.
Is the water clean?
Yes! Over a ton of magnesium sulfate dissolved in 200 gallons of filtered water makes the environment inhospitable to most living organisms. Beyond the natural sanitation created by the high concentration of salt, the water inside the float pool is reverse osmosis water circulated through a powerful disinfection system which includes surface skimming, 10-micron filtration, ultraviolet (UV) lights, and 35% Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) maintained at ~100ppm. The unique combination of UV with H2O2 generates a free hydroxyl radical that is nearly twice as powerful as chlorine at oxidizing and destroying microorganisms, while also ensuring that no dangerous byproducts or scented odors are emitted into the air during the oxidative process (a major advantage over other disinfection systems which use chlorine, bromine, or ozone). Between every participant, the water is continuously circulated through the disinfection system, with multiple turnovers.
What if I'm pregnant?
- After your first trimester, floating can be a great way to relax, take the weight off your back or even sleep.
- You can also float in a way modified for pregnant women to allow you to float on your belly
- Some women even report being able to hear their baby’s heartbeat!
- If you have any concerns, please consult your doctor first